www.PortASurfCo.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.PortASurfCo.com

online Texas surfing community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Surfside

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SURFERNTX

SURFERNTX

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Surfside Empty
PostSubject: Surfside   Surfside EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 5:56 am

I usually surf CC, Pt. A, and S. Padre. During Easter, I am going to Surfside to visit my wife's family. Can anyone tell me where to surf up there? I have never even set foot in the town before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/steveburnstx
Joe P

Joe P

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2007-05-29

Surfside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surfside   Surfside EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 6:53 am

used to own a beach house there. Dont really remember the surf conditions to much. Just get ready for some brown water.

I dont know how much is left of surfside though. I know our old beach house was brought to the ground in the last hurri...
Back to top Go down
dkurak

dkurak

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Surfside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surfside   Surfside EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:10 am

Growing up in the 80s, we surfed at the Octagon...but that was removed several years ago and I'm sure after the latest hurricane the landscape is even more different than I remember.

Basically, if you were to drive from the bridge straight onto the beach you could look to your right and see a very long jetty. We surfed between those spots. The Octagon used to be closer to the water than all the other houses and was the central spot. On really big days w/ a current coming from the south, we'd be closer to the jetties to get more protection, sometimes jumping off them (not recommended).

I have great memories spending winters and summers camping on the stretch of beach from San Luis Pass down to Surfside growing up, but I'm definitely glad to call PortA my home break now.

You'll definitely want a longer board...ENJOY...
Back to top Go down
http://www.laidbacksurf.com
Joe P

Joe P

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2007-05-29

Surfside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surfside   Surfside EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 6:48 am

dkurak wrote:
Growing up in the 80s, we surfed at the Octagon...but that was removed several years ago and I'm sure after the latest hurricane the landscape is even more different than I remember.

Basically, if you were to drive from the bridge straight onto the beach you could look to your right and see a very long jetty. We surfed between those spots. The Octagon used to be closer to the water than all the other houses and was the central spot. On really big days w/ a current coming from the south, we'd be closer to the jetties to get more protection, sometimes jumping off them (not recommended).

I have great memories spending winters and summers camping on the stretch of beach from San Luis Pass down to Surfside growing up, but I'm definitely glad to call PortA my home break now.

You'll definitely want a longer board...ENJOY...

haha hell yeah dude. the ocotgon was the place. It didnt get moved. that thing freaking fell to the ground. I was there that weekend it went down.
Back to top Go down
SURFERNTX

SURFERNTX

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Surfside Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surfside   Surfside EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 7:22 am

Appreciate the feedback!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/steveburnstx
Sponsored content

Surfside Empty