www.PortASurfCo.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.PortASurfCo.com

online Texas surfing community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prayers for Chris's brother

Go down 
+3
Coastal Ben
Surfside Son
justinxray
7 posters
AuthorMessage
justinxray

justinxray

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Prayers for Chris's brother Empty
PostSubject: Prayers for Chris's brother   Prayers for Chris's brother EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 9:28 am

Saw this on the elride forum, I'm not able to post anything on there for some reason, so just thought I'd let you know my prayers are with you all for your brother. I couldn't stand if anything happened to my brother, he's always been my best friend in the world. Just thought I'd start this thread here so I and other Port A Surf Company regulars could extend our thoughts and prayers.

Here is the original posting by Chris on Elride:

just found out my brother was in a car wreck in which the car was rolled.

his right arm was out the window when the car rolled.

both hands are injured severely. one of which was almost completely cut off.

his right arm has lost a large portion of skin...grafts coming...

he also suffered a large cut to the head...i dont have much in the way of "real" specifics , other than this...

my mom was rattling on the cell phone the best she could.

the BIG deal is,, my brother is a doctor....and he will not be able to work for a long time to come...if ever...even though he is not a surgeon...he may not be able to practice medicine again...

BEGGING FOR PRAYERS FOR MY "LITTLE" BROTHER...DR. MICHAEL DARREN SHANNON.

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Port A Surf Company
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jsea361
Surfside Son

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chris's brother   Prayers for Chris's brother EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 9:40 am

Chris....real sorry to hear about your brother........I will pray for him in the coming days and for the family as well........

Justin---Thanks for letting us know!
Back to top Go down
Coastal Ben

Coastal Ben

Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chris's brother   Prayers for Chris's brother EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 10:04 am

Prayers from My family to yours Chris !
Back to top Go down
https://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss217/rutledgeben/?action=tag
Joe P

Joe P

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chris's brother   Prayers for Chris's brother EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 11:25 am

Im sorry man, ill keep him in my prayers
Back to top Go down
Surfside Son

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chris's brother   Prayers for Chris's brother EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 7:29 am

Just wondering if anyone had an update on how Dr. Shannon is doing........Hope he is making good progress!
Back to top Go down
PORT A SURF COMPANY

Number of posts : 1658

PostSubject: long time to come   Prayers for Chris's brother EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 12:41 pm

Surfside Son wrote:
Just wondering if anyone had an update on how Dr. Shannon is doing........Hope he is making good progress!

spent 6 hours with him yesterday...

he is in bigtime pain...

left hand was sewn back on basicly...and has movement in the fingers...miracle!!!

right hand and arm are torn up from elbow to finger tips...this will take a couple of months to heel.....hope and pray for him...it is and was very traumatic...and dramatic...no exageration....

i am thankful for everything i have...thank you god for our health...please heal my brother completely...thx to all..
Back to top Go down
Surfside Son

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chris's brother   Prayers for Chris's brother EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 1:27 pm

I will continue to pray for your brother! Thanks for sharing about his progress!
Back to top Go down
jswsublime

jswsublime

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chris's brother   Prayers for Chris's brother EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 10:12 am

You and you family are being prayed for!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Rusty

Rusty

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chris's brother   Prayers for Chris's brother EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 6:44 pm

Chris,

The whole Ferguson family is praying for your brother. God Bless your whole family.

Rusty
Back to top Go down
http://www.beachcruisershop.com
Surfside Son

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chris's brother   Prayers for Chris's brother EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 12:16 pm

How is your brother doing Chris? Been thinking about him lately!
Back to top Go down
PORT A SURF COMPANY

PostSubject: HE IS HAVING A RUFF GO OF IT   Prayers for Chris's brother EmptyTue Oct 02, 2007 4:12 am

Surfside Son wrote:
How is your brother doing Chris? Been thinking about him lately!

SKIN GRAFTS...PLURAL...SOMEWHAT OF A MISERABLE EXSISTANCE FOR NOW....BUT LUCKY HE IS ALIVE...I AM THANKFUL FOR THAT...

THANKS FOR ASKING...
Back to top Go down
jswsublime

jswsublime

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chris's brother   Prayers for Chris's brother EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 2:51 pm

What is your bro's status these days Chris? You and I spoke about it a while back, but it's been like 3 months since it was discussed on here.

I certainly haven't forgotten about him and his recovery.
Back to top Go down
PORT A SURF COMPANY

PostSubject: thanks   Prayers for Chris's brother EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 4:04 pm

jswsublime wrote:
What is your bro's status these days Chris? You and I spoke about it a while back, but it's been like 3 months since it was discussed on here.

I certainly haven't forgotten about him and his recovery.

his left hand is about 80% and his right hand is like 50%

not all that good..but he is able to work again in some capacity..i dont know what his future holds as far as recovery...but at least he can work to some degree.

thanks for asking...hope you got some surf today
Back to top Go down
jswsublime

jswsublime

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chris's brother   Prayers for Chris's brother EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 7:40 am

Well as negative as the situation may be, at least he is able to get back to 'some sense' of normalcy. Everyone I know who has been through something traumatic, like cancer or a serious injury, always recovered much better at least mentally when they got back to some sense of their normal routine.

I know he has been in the prayer's of my family, and I routinely lift his name up at church as well for a speedy recovery. I can only hope that one day I get a chance to meet him face to face, he's a survivor and I'm sure a hell of a man.....considering who I know of the Shannon Family thus far.

In Christ's Love
--JUSTIN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chris's brother   Prayers for Chris's brother Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayers for Chris's brother
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.PortASurfCo.com :: Community-
Jump to: