www.PortASurfCo.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.PortASurfCo.com

online Texas surfing community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

this coming week...

Go down 
+3
justinxray
maddsurf82
PORT A SURF COMPANY
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PORT A SURF COMPANY

Number of posts : 1658
Registration date : 2007-03-29

this coming week... Empty
PostSubject: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptySun Oct 07, 2007 7:28 am

should have swell/ surf almost everyday this week..

monday will be small..but may be rideable before dark..MAYBE

SURF POSSIBLY TUESDAY LEADING INTO THE NXT WEEKEND...MAYBE

TUESDAY WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY SHOULD BE FUN
Back to top Go down
maddsurf82

maddsurf82

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptySun Oct 07, 2007 12:43 pm

cant wait this is the best b day gift ever Very Happy
Back to top Go down
justinxray

justinxray

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptyMon Oct 08, 2007 4:34 pm

be there Thursday morning. Hope there is some swell left.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jsea361
PORT A SURF COMPANY

PostSubject: EARLY SESSION   this coming week... EmptyMon Oct 08, 2007 7:15 pm

justinxray wrote:
be there Thursday morning. Hope there is some swell left.

I HOPE TO BE OUT EARLY FOR A LITTLE WHILE...GOTTA WORK SOME...A LOT ACTUALLY..

BUT I HOPE TO SURF WITH YOU GUYS MAYBE BETWEEN 730 AND 930AM
Back to top Go down
justinxray

justinxray

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 6:23 am

You gonna be at G street or "down the beach"?
Back to top Go down
PORT A SURF COMPANY

PostSubject: DEPENDS ON WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE   this coming week... EmptyTue Oct 09, 2007 10:04 am

justinxray wrote:
You gonna be at G street or "down the beach"?

I WILL BE WHERE EVER I THINK THE SURF IS BREAKING THE BEST..

I DONT LIKE TO GET LOCKED INTO SURFING ONE PLACE..CAUSE OFTEN THERE ARE MUCH BETTER WAVES IF YOU LOOK AROUND ALITTLE..

BASED ON HOW ITS BEEN..ILL LOOK FOR SOME ROCKS
Back to top Go down
PORT A SURF COMPANY

PostSubject: not that is matters...but,,,   this coming week... EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 9:51 am

i surfed monday, tuesday,wednesday, and thursday,,,all fun days..very fun at times...

today is very small....but looking forward is difficult...nothing is shwoing big surf in the near future...but hey it is october and we get a lot of consistant surf...so dont get down by forecasters out there..the professionals are all we have to go by..and they are wrong often..

just have to keep a close eye on the bouys and the tides and what is actually happening...

PORT A SURF COMPANY wrote:
should have swell/ surf almost everyday this week..

monday will be small..but may be rideable before dark..MAYBE

SURF POSSIBLY TUESDAY LEADING INTO THE NXT WEEKEND...MAYBE

TUESDAY WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY SHOULD BE FUN
Back to top Go down
justinxray

justinxray

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 11:58 am

Thursday morning was a blast with the light offshores, was pretty decent throught the afternoon too, but the wind was blowin pretty bad sideshore. Hopin for another front to hit mid to late next week and give us some nice swell for next weekend for my b-day Razz. I can be pretty sure that there will be surf on at least one day between fri-sun because it is indeed October. Gotta love fall-winter surf in Texas.
Back to top Go down
justinxray

justinxray

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptyMon Oct 15, 2007 10:07 am

Looks like Chris is in G-town today. Saw a couple of pics of him at www.gtownsurf.com that billyblues shot. Webcam and buoys looks like more VAS conditions. Wednesday once again looks like the day on the forecast that it might clean up. Hope it holds throught the weekend. Couple of lows in the carribean and fronts out their so things are lookin positive. Just hope for more of a light north northwest wind this coming weekend instead of those strong northeastern winds.
Back to top Go down
PORT A SURF COMPANY

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptyWed Oct 17, 2007 10:17 am

surf was terrible in galveston the day before yesterday...i mean horrible..
Back to top Go down
maddsurf82

maddsurf82

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptyThu Oct 18, 2007 11:57 am

anybody surf this morning heard there were six footers
Back to top Go down
haoleboy

haoleboy

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-10-18

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptyThu Oct 18, 2007 12:51 pm

maddsurf82 wrote:
anybody surf this morning heard there were six footers
I surfed Packary yesterday afternoon. Very windy but some fun ones coming through about chest high with a few head high drops. Looks like the wind is backing off a bit this afternoon so I'll probably hit it soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.visiblesoul.net/
maddsurf82

maddsurf82

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptyThu Oct 18, 2007 3:29 pm

totally dude came back to sa but prob go back i had a wicked dream that my ex was holding me back from charging some sweet waves hope yall have some fun out there and catch some barrels for me ttyl guys
Back to top Go down
haoleboy

haoleboy

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-10-18

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptyThu Oct 18, 2007 6:51 pm

maddsurf82 wrote:
totally dude came back to sa but prob go back i had a wicked dream that my ex was holding me back from charging some sweet waves hope yall have some fun out there and catch some barrels for me ttyl guys
lol. Sounds like a nightmare. Razz

No barrels today but it had cleaned up a bit and was pretty fun. Lots of people on it too. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.visiblesoul.net/
maddsurf82

maddsurf82

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptyThu Oct 18, 2007 11:31 pm

sweet i know this sounds crazy but therez going to be 10 footers lol on mon or tues night is that crazy or what like around midnight the 12 hour of the day hopefully my dreams wount stop me from goin out there lol peace hope ya find some fab waves in the mourning
Back to top Go down
PORT A SURF COMPANY

PostSubject: SOMEWHERE ELSE   this coming week... EmptySun Oct 21, 2007 5:23 am

maddsurf82 wrote:
sweet i know this sounds crazy but therez going to be 10 footers lol on mon or tues night is that crazy or what like around midnight the 12 hour of the day hopefully my dreams wount stop me from goin out there lol peace hope ya find some fab waves in the mourning

THERE WILL BE OFFSHORE WAVES GOING THE WRONG DIRECTION OF THAT SIZE...

OUR SURF WILL NOT BE 10 FOOT...

MONDAY MORNING COULD BE SHOULDER TO HEAD HIGH THEN THE FRONT WILL BLOW THRU REALLY HARD...AND BLOW IT OUT...MOST LIKELY.

SURF COULD BE FUN TUEADY OR WENESDAY IF IT IS NOT DIRECTLY OFFHSORE...WE CAN GET SURFABLE WAVES ON NORTH AND NORTHEASTERLY WINDS...WE WILL HAVE TO SEE.
Back to top Go down
gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 9:54 am

south padre- the cove.
Back to top Go down
maddsurf82

maddsurf82

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 2:59 pm

always want to walk tall lol Basketball
Back to top Go down
maddsurf82

maddsurf82

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 6:49 pm

http://www.wavewatch.com/Surf-Forecast-Region.php?RegionID=16
they have been saying that since last week ya tryin to make me look bad in front of everyone mr port a i though everyone was nice from texas peace and love santa happy early xmas
Back to top Go down
PORT A SURF COMPANY

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 8:01 pm

maddsurf82 wrote:
http://www.wavewatch.com/Surf-Forecast-Region.php?RegionID=16
they have been saying that since last week ya tryin to make me look bad in front of everyone mr port a i though everyone was nice from texas peace and love santa happy early xmas

i am sorry if i came across as not nice..that was not the intent..
i was being factual...about the surf conditions...

not sure who is doing the surf forecasting for that wave watch website, but they are way off...were and are way off.

the forecasters on that site are most likely not familiar with texas...
they are trying to forecast from another coast...so that cn be difficult as each coastal area around the world had differenct nuances...

we can barely tell from day to day and we live here...

i also believe we all want to have surf and wish and hope for sure..and pray for surf...

it is good to be positive and hopeful...

my earlier report from this thread was pretty spot on...surf was chest to shoulder in the coastal bend area this morning early...
and the surf got blown out as quickly as the front hit..

now we hope for the next swell..

also...ill be looking at this link/site you posted from time to time to see how welll they predict...

noaa and magicseaweed tend to have some decent information...

no one can replace what God has created and is in charge of...no computers...nada....its all in his hands...
Back to top Go down
justinxray

justinxray

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 6:41 am

I got my butt creamed pretty bad a couple of times on Sunday morning. Pretty good size, just really disorganized and dumpy. To be honest, I don't think I'd paddle out if it was 10 feet unless it was ultra slow and clean Exclamation I'd rather paddle out in a 2-6 foot @8-10 sec wave myself. I feel like the biggest kook in conditions like Sat and Sun this weekend. Plus I think i'd crap my pants dropping my 9'6 in on a 10 footer. Things would get pretty slippery from there lol! . Anyway, sometimes wavewatch is pretty close to magicseaweed, but as is with both, sometimes they show swell that won't hit our particular beach, sometimes they show it flat and you hear by word of mouth that there is indeed swell hitting. I'd rather take Chris's word or anyone on the island who sees it with his own eyes at all hours of the day. You just never know, and as Chris said, its all in the Good Lord's hands.
Back to top Go down
borntofli

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 5:24 pm

Cant we keep this so called "god" thing out of surf forecasting................
if there is a god, hes sure done a lousy job on this planet................
Back to top Go down
PORT A SURF COMPANY

PostSubject: just to make u happy   this coming week... EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 11:57 pm

borntofli wrote:
Cant we keep this so called "god" thing out of surf forecasting................
if there is a god, hes sure done a lousy job on this planet................

Men are the ones that attempt to forecast,,,

God is not a surf foresaster...

I believe in god,,and I will NOT refrain from letting anyone know that.

I don't know yr age or yr exposure to things in life,,,but I assure you I can tell you some stories that will blow your hair back.

In terms of the surf report,,well it is just that,,most of the time,,,cause forecasting will be wrong most of the time,,,men,,mankind will most likely never be able to truely , acurately forecast what is coming in the future,,we can only guess with a lot of history to help us guess,,,
Hence in order to forecast you must have history,,,HIS-STORY...not mine and not yours...
Pls do not take offense,,,it is yr right to feel free to believe what you wish...

Believing in anything is a choice,,and we all have a choice...

I will not preach the bible here as I am NOT qualified to do so,,,this is however a public forum...

This is the community section,,,say what you wish as long as it isn't profain or harmful to yourself or others...

I believe in miracles,,,me being alive today is a miracle,,,trust me,,I am not exagerating,,,I have been very near death.

Maybe more importantly,,I have 7 children,,and I believe that all of them are miracles,,,I was there for each birth.

Nuff from me already...
Back to top Go down
Surfside Son

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptyWed Oct 24, 2007 6:45 am

God does not believe in atheist.....therefore they do not exist! Smile

Man's REBELLION against the things of God is the reason for a lousy planet.......

THANKS for keeping it REAL CHRIS!
Back to top Go down
maddsurf82

maddsurf82

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 2:47 am

Basketball clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: this coming week...   this coming week... Empty

Back to top Go down

this coming week...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next