www.PortASurfCo.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.PortASurfCo.com

online Texas surfing community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beginner beach in California

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tracyjean

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-04-13

Beginner beach in California Empty
PostSubject: Beginner beach in California   Beginner beach in California EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 6:28 am

Hi everyone,
We are travelling to LA area (and may drive north to San Luis Obispo for a day or two) end of July, early August. My daughter (17 yrs old) is what I'd call an advanced beginner (can catch rides on her own at the pier at Port A on her soft board, strong swimmer, paddler). She would of course like to surf in CA. What are some gentle beaches near LA and northwards for her level? Should she take a group lesson so she'll be with someone in the know? My husband and I don't surf although we do get in the water. Are there some beaches she can just put her board in and go? Will she need her wetsuit? We will be renting a board.
I have ordered a surfing in CA book from ebay and looked at some CA surfing forums, but thought some of you might have helpful advice.
Thanks, Tracy
Back to top Go down
brightblue

brightblue

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Beginner beach in California   Beginner beach in California EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 7:35 am

Hi,

First of all she will need her wetsuit, the water temp is going to be in the high 50s - to mid 60s.

In the LA area check out Mantattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, as you head North check out Zuma, Malibu and Latigo Point.

When you get up around the S.L.O. area hit Morro Bay, Pismo Beach Pier, Avila Beach, San Simeon Beach and Cayucos Pier.

Those are some of the main beaches, but tons more to check out as you drive the P.C.H, it's a beautiful - Enjoy your trip!
Back to top Go down
http://www.surfline.com
maddsurf82

maddsurf82

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Beginner beach in California   Beginner beach in California EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 1:44 pm

waterwaystravel.com check it out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginner beach in California   Beginner beach in California Empty

Back to top Go down

Beginner beach in California
Page 1 of 1