www.PortASurfCo.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.PortASurfCo.com

online Texas surfing community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

...Laid Back Surf...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dkurak

dkurak

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-06-24

...Laid Back Surf... Empty
PostSubject: ...Laid Back Surf...   ...Laid Back Surf... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 8:45 am

Below is a site I recently started - it currently contains pics about various surf trips and has a single video of a pretty good day at Bob Hall back in 2004. I dare say I'm finally going to be able to spend more time in PortA, and I'm going to try to get footage of the better swells that flow through the area. As I do so, I'll be updating the site with more videos and photos. I have some very good Gustav pics that will be up there in a few days. Take a look - I'd like to hear what you think.

http://www.laidbacksurf.com

Enjoy...
Dave
Back to top Go down
SurfingtheIsland

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: ...Laid Back Surf...   ...Laid Back Surf... EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 7:05 am

looking good - - thanks for sharing.

-Jesse --- www.surfingtheisland.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.SurfingtheIsland.com
corvettemike

Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: ...Laid Back Surf...   ...Laid Back Surf... EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 7:41 am

Gaviotos! nice, I haven't thought about that spot in years. Used to rent one of the condos/houses right in front of that break. The girlfriend would sit out on the porch and watch us surf for hours while drinking beer. My fav spot was a little further down, you may know it K-55 - we hit that place one time when it was a solid double - triple overhead, aside from the monster paddle out, I remember laughing hysterically as a clean up set came through and we all had to bail our boards, swimming down and trying to hold onto kelp as the I got the tow pull ride of my life. cool site.
Back to top Go down
dkurak

dkurak

PostSubject: Re: ...Laid Back Surf...   ...Laid Back Surf... EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 11:40 am

Ahh - Las Gaviotas - once of my most memorable surf sessions ever was a midnight to 2am surf at Gaviotas - full moon, clean chest high conditions and a very consistent point break.

I'm guessing with the recent dangers of Baja in general that those spots are much less crowded these days (rightly so - if you're thinking about it, definitely be careful and keep a low profile) - Gaviotas is perfect b/c you get to your condo and you can stay the weekend w/o having to leave - just drive in the middle of the day and stay quiet...
Back to top Go down
corvettemike

PostSubject: Re: ...Laid Back Surf...   ...Laid Back Surf... EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 5:55 pm

Gated too. At low tides, booties are a must due to the urchin covered rocks. I haven't been in Mex since 2000, but prior to that I must have been hundreds of times including extensive camping at one my favorites spots, Quatro Casas. Biggest scare was having a Federale hold a M-16 on me while his friends disassembled the interior of our jeep looking for drugs. Of course nothing was found (never be that stupid) but it took several hours to get everything back in.

In regards to your secret spot pics, at first I thought maybe PV (ever surf Indicators ?) but I don't remember any beaches, just rocks (at least at spots I hit) but looking back at that one photo I was vaguely reminded of Trail 6 into Pendleton. Am I warm ?
Back to top Go down
Coastal Ben

Coastal Ben

Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: How to post pics on here   ...Laid Back Surf... EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 8:25 am

Does anyone know how to post pics on here ? is it possible..I can't figure it out...HELP ! affraid
Back to top Go down
https://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss217/rutledgeben/?action=tag
dkurak

dkurak

PostSubject: Re: ...Laid Back Surf...   ...Laid Back Surf... EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 12:15 pm

Trail 6 at Pendleton - I'll have to remember that:) I did question whether or not I wanted to show the rocks, but I simply thought it was a great pic. While I've never been in Pendleton, the San Onofre area does look pretty similar...this last bit is as far as I go...you're on the wrong side of LA...i'll give you the rundown if/when we meet in person down at the pier...
Back to top Go down
corvettemike

PostSubject: Re: ...Laid Back Surf...   ...Laid Back Surf... EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 8:25 am

Sounds like a deal - see you out in the lineup.
Back to top Go down
PORT A SURF COMPANY

Number of posts : 1658
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: thanks   ...Laid Back Surf... EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 1:22 pm

very cool pics and site.

feel free to post pics here in the forum<> especially texas photos..
thx again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ...Laid Back Surf...   ...Laid Back Surf... Empty

Back to top Go down

...Laid Back Surf...
Page 1 of 1