www.PortASurfCo.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.PortASurfCo.com

online Texas surfing community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Surf/Beach Vehicles?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Surfside Son

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Surf/Beach Vehicles? Empty
PostSubject: Surf/Beach Vehicles?   Surf/Beach Vehicles? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 6:43 am

Need some input from those who own such vehicles--

What would be some of the better choices in terms of newer model, reliable vehicles....sometimes the entire family would come down for the weekend and sometimes just me.....looking for something that is big enough and yet economical at the same time--Any advice on roof racks and things of that nature would be appreciated as well......THANKS in ADVANCE for any advice or information!
Back to top Go down
PORT A SURF COMPANY

Number of posts : 1658
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: TUFF   Surf/Beach Vehicles? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 8:23 am

Surfside Son wrote:
Need some input from those who own such vehicles--

What would be some of the better choices in terms of newer model, reliable vehicles....sometimes the entire family would come down for the weekend and sometimes just me.....looking for something that is big enough and yet economical at the same time--Any advice on roof racks and things of that nature would be appreciated as well......THANKS in ADVANCE for any advice or information!

ECONOMICAL...THATS A TUFF ONE
Back to top Go down
Surfside Son

PostSubject: Re: Surf/Beach Vehicles?   Surf/Beach Vehicles? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 8:47 am

Suggestions regardless of economy?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Coastal Ben

Coastal Ben

Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Vehicle   Surf/Beach Vehicles? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 9:25 am

I have what I consider to be a very reliable and good performing beach vehicle. It is a Toyota Landcruiser. I bought mine 14 years ago. With 18K miles on it for $ 27K At that time my friends thought I was loco for spending that much money. I have been driving it payed off for 10 Years !

It has 165,000.00 miles and still drives great ! AND looks good. I would recommend finding a 1998-1999 landcruiser for $8-$10 thousand dollars. Get one with the straight six and its not too too bad on fuel. Plus that engine is bullet proof. Spend some money on good sand tires, I have Mickey Thompson Desert Claws. I have driven it to Mansfield without getting stuck once and have burried it a couple of times. Overall it is an animal in the sand and it has to be pretty nasty to get stuck !

my .02

CB
Back to top Go down
https://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss217/rutledgeben/?action=tag
Surfside Son

PostSubject: Re: Surf/Beach Vehicles?   Surf/Beach Vehicles? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 9:29 am

THANKS COASTAL BEN-- I appreciate the response!
Back to top Go down
jswsublime

jswsublime

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Surf/Beach Vehicles?   Surf/Beach Vehicles? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 9:30 am

My opinion is to just buy a $1000 4x4 and use that thing....you will obviously be increasing the speed at which the thing is gonna rust if it is primarily gonna be used on the beach when not on the highway.

I have a '90 Bronco 4x4 w/ 31" tires and a 302. I have not had any issues with it, never stuck...decent mileage and I've only put maybe 500 bucks into it after paying $700 for it initially.

Just my opinion, use your road vehicle for the road and a junker beach buggy as we call ours to do your dirty work.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Surfside Son

PostSubject: Re: Surf/Beach Vehicles?   Surf/Beach Vehicles? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 9:41 am

THANKS JSW-- The Land Cruiser suggestion from CB is probably more what I'm looking for being as my family will be coming down with me most of the time....I would love something like you suggested if I lived closer, but that is not going to happen at this time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DaGriztx

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Surf/Beach Vehicles?   Surf/Beach Vehicles? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 10:29 am

I spent the summer of '78 working in Rockport and got by with no problems with a VW bug. She was a '69 and I put a pair of sand blasters on the back and could go anywhere, economical to boot ...those were sum days pirat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surf/Beach Vehicles?   Surf/Beach Vehicles? Empty

Back to top Go down

Surf/Beach Vehicles?
Page 1 of 1