www.PortASurfCo.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.PortASurfCo.com

online Texas surfing community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

question about tuesday.

Go down 
+4
gypsyseagod
maddsurf82
PORT A SURF COMPANY
Joe P
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe P

Joe P

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2007-05-29

question about tuesday. Empty
PostSubject: question about tuesday.   question about tuesday. EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 4:41 pm

Im gonna try to get some surf in but i dont know what time of the day should be best. Im also worried about the ferry getting back to rockport. its probably gonna be packed.

So do you think early morning, or evening?

personally i think morning because it wont be to crazy huge and the wind wont be as bad. but im no expert.
Back to top Go down
PORT A SURF COMPANY

Number of posts : 1658
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: wind   question about tuesday. EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 4:46 pm

Joe P wrote:
Im gonna try to get some surf in but i dont know what time of the day should be best. Im also worried about the ferry getting back to rockport. its probably gonna be packed.

So do you think early morning, or evening?

personally i think morning because it wont be to crazy huge and the wind wont be as bad. but im no expert.

wind will be better in the morning...less of it

surf will be bigger in the evening..

you bought a board that is WAY to small for your weight...sorry but tha is the truth..dont get mad at me...but i know for sure..that board will NOT float you the way it needs to...

cant believe you spent that kind of money on a tooth pick..

joe> i have been surfing fo r32 years..i will NOT lie to you and i will not exagerate.....its not that you didnt buy a board from us..what i am concerned about is the FACT that you bought a board that is way tooooo small for you...

Last edited by PORT A SURF COMPANY on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maddsurf82

maddsurf82

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: question about tuesday.   question about tuesday. EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 5:09 pm

dude thats rude pa hey joe just dont ride on it and sell it on craigslist im sure youll find some people that would buy it for sure peace hey port a how come ya never told me what kind of board i need i sent ya a msg asking you i guess ya dont want my money
Back to top Go down
Joe P

Joe P

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: question about tuesday.   question about tuesday. EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 5:41 pm

dude, i like riding a shorty.

I have a feeling its gonna be small, but its not like a cant turn this board around for almost what i got it for if i dont like it.

It was a good deal, and i like that size of board. i went by your shop and you didnt really have anything for me. i checked out that blue board, i think it was 6'6 or something, and wasnt diggin it.

plus ive lost 60 pounds since the spring, i think i can ride a bit smaller baord now.

not saying your wrong, cause your probably right.
Back to top Go down
gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: question about tuesday.   question about tuesday. EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 9:47 pm

man i hate to even weigh in on this conversation but by tuesday evening- if it's even surfable-st. joe's is the call & even then it'll be thicker float boards w/ paddlepower (6'7 & up or pintail 9'0's)oh yeah... and you will be paddling the channel.as of 9pm tonight- if yer on the island to surf- plan on staying.....noah says 10-14ft seas by wed afternoon.if you're not used to bug texas hurricanesure or rips- just stay home for your safety& everyone else's.
just my .02
Back to top Go down
maddsurf82

maddsurf82

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: question about tuesday.   question about tuesday. EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:32 am

lmao cat 1 aint shit i can see if it was like cat 5 like dean last year i can say dont go out but cat 1 thats like a fart in the water
Back to top Go down
Coastal Ben

Coastal Ben

Number of posts : 813

PostSubject: 60 pounds !?   question about tuesday. EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:02 am

Good Job Joey,

What did you go to a push mower and become vegan? lol!

You might just be able to ride a potato chip now !

BUT, even when I was 180 lbs. I my favorite board was a bing bonzer 6'8'

I had a 6'4' and it ripped, but I stayed in the water longer and caught more waves on a little bit larger board.

Listen to Chris, he will not sell you a board that is not right for you just so he can pay the shops electric bill or something.

CB
Back to top Go down
https://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss217/rutledgeben/?action=tag
N'sider

N'sider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: 205lbs.   question about tuesday. EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:41 am

I don't know the experience level of the group respondents. However, the biggest board I've ever owned was a 6'2" x 18.75." I've been riding short boards since I was 13yrs. I'm 25yrs, 205lbs and ride a 5'9" 7S Superfish, a 6'2" Merrick Flyer, or a 6'1" XTR Pro Circuit bump squash. I've been riding the 7S 99.9% of the time because of the responsiveness and speed of the board. My point is I am heavy and I ride a chip very well. You need to have the skills and strength to manage a smaller board. Bottom line, competitive advantage opportunities exist in hip to head high surf and disadvantages exist outside these ranges. I can't surf dribbles because of my weight-to-board-float ratio.
Back to top Go down
gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod

PostSubject: Re: question about tuesday.   question about tuesday. EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 6:30 am

i may have been misunderstood. i was referring to a thicker board & heavier stringer for strength & paddle power in bigger waves w/ juice. think boca or the cove around 10' (south padre)
Back to top Go down
oceanby5

Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Short Boards and Long Boards   question about tuesday. EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 7:21 am

Now this is what I call a surf forum.

Everybody knows we need a fat fish for this little Cat 1.

Your turn, longboard guys
Back to top Go down
fpjb

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: question about tuesday.   question about tuesday. EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:30 pm

Are you people for real???
The majority of these post sound like they come from people w/ zero
to no experience in the water.
Trust me it seems like most of you should stay home and wait till sunday when the surf drops to a level you understand and can handle.

I apologize to those that know.

I'm stayin home till things get clean gonna get the house ready for this so called piddly cat1.

just my .02
Back to top Go down
fpjb

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: question about tuesday.   question about tuesday. EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:31 pm

By the way I surf what the waves call for kiddos...
Back to top Go down
oceanby5

Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: question about tuesday.   question about tuesday. EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:55 pm

Oh yeah, they're for real!

Sometimes better to meet them on this board rather than in the water, falling all over me while I'm trying to fall over.
Back to top Go down
PORT A SURF COMPANY

PostSubject: Re: question about tuesday.   question about tuesday. EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 3:34 pm

Joe P wrote:
dude, i like riding a shorty.

I have a feeling its gonna be small, but its not like a cant turn this board around for almost what i got it for if i dont like it.

It was a good deal, and i like that size of board. i went by your shop and you didnt really have anything for me. i checked out that blue board, i think it was 6'6 or something, and wasnt diggin it.

plus ive lost 60 pounds since the spring, i think i can ride a bit smaller baord now.

not saying your wrong, cause your probably right.
ITS JUST TUFF TO RIDE BOARDS THAT ARE SMALLER IN STATURE WHEN YOU WEIGH OVER 200 LBS....I KNOW MOST FOLKS WITH SOME EXPERIANCE CAN RIDE JUST ABOUT ANYTHING IF THEY ARE UNDER 190 LBS...ONCE YOU HIT 215 OR MORE POUNDS IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO GET A "SHORT" BOARD TO WORK PROPERLY FOR YOU(ANYONE)...WITH OUR SURF CONDITIONS HERE. WHEN TRAVELING TO MEX OR CALI OR HAWAII ETC..,,, IT IS MUCH EASIER TO RIDE SMALLER BOARDS AS THE WAVES HAVE SO MUCH JUICE , THEN IT MAKES SENSE..BUT HERE IN TEXAS FOR "MOST" OF US WE NEED BOARDS THAT WILL FLOAT WELL..NOT EVERYBODY,,BUT MOST OF US NEED HELP IN THE FLOATATION DEPARTMENT...
EVERYBODY IS DIFFERENT...I JUST REMEMBER SEEING YOU IN THE SPRING AND I KNOW YOU ARE A BIG GUY..(MUSCLE) > LIKE FOOTBALL PLAYER.
AND TOOTHPICKS WILL BE HARED FOR YOU TO GET INTO WAVES AND THE RAILS WILL BURY ON TURNS..

BY THE WAY I AM NOT YELLING..I LIKE CAPS CAUSE I CAN GO FASTER TYPING..
Back to top Go down
PORT A SURF COMPANY

PostSubject: Re: question about tuesday.   question about tuesday. EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 3:38 pm

maddsurf82 wrote:
dude thats rude pa hey joe just dont ride on it and sell it on craigslist im sure youll find some people that would buy it for sure peace hey port a how come ya never told me what kind of board i need i sent ya a msg asking you i guess ya dont want my money

I MUST HAVE MISSED THAT..

PLEASE SEND ME ANOTHER NOTE AND ILL GIVE MY OLD FART OPINION..

I HAVE 4 EMAIL ADDRESSES AND A TON OF OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES..AND SOMETIMES I MISS A FEW THINGS..
PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR NOT RESPONDING..IT WAS NOT ON PURPOSE I PROMISE..THX
Back to top Go down
gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod

PostSubject: Re: question about tuesday.   question about tuesday. EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:29 pm

fpjb wrote:
Are you people for real???
The majority of these post sound like they come from people w/ zero
to no experience in the water.
Trust me it seems like most of you should stay home and wait till sunday when the surf drops to a level you understand and can handle.

I apologize to those that know.

I'm stayin home till things get clean gonna get the house ready for this so called piddly cat1.

just my .02
the category of a hurricane has no bearing on the power of the surf or quality of....
south padre on a good norther can pound you as hard as escondido or sunset-been there done that. but thats why there is the bowl patrol too....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about tuesday.   question about tuesday. Empty

Back to top Go down

question about tuesday.
Page 1 of 1