www.PortASurfCo.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.PortASurfCo.com

online Texas surfing community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thanks - Big Monday...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dkurak

dkurak

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Thanks - Big Monday... Empty
PostSubject: Thanks - Big Monday...   Thanks - Big Monday... EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 9:14 am

What a great day. I drove down Sunday morning with a buddy that lives in Malibu, CA that had never surfed in TX. On our drive back to Austin late Monday night, he pointed out that the vibe in the water was excellent. I didn't come across a single frown all day - people were hooting for everyone. There were plenty of "whoa, whoa, go, go go..." and I didn't hear any "on your back, my wave, ..." I was getting hoots from plenty of people I don't know, and from what I can tell, everyone simply seemed to enjoy watching each other catch great wave after great wave, resting their arms until the peak came right to their spot. I'd say you should pat yourself on the back, but I'm not sure you can lift your arms over your head this morning.

I've always believed that TX has the most surf stoke of anywhere I've been in my travels. I'm very slowly re-modeling an old house in PortA so my kids can grow up around the beach, and yesterday re-enforced my decision to keep my family in TX.
Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by dkurak on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.laidbacksurf.com
surferdude

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Thanks - Big Monday...   Thanks - Big Monday... EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 9:34 am

Thats exactly why I think Texas is the best place to surf.....I've been back on the 3rd coast since mid 2005 and I am yet to hear a complaint or encounter a problem while surfing. Quite the contrary, you meet people on the beach or out in the line-up and everyone is friendly and willing to share waves and offer encouragement. It's the way surfing was meant to be.
Back to top Go down
Coastal Ben

Coastal Ben

Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Thanks - Big Monday...   Thanks - Big Monday... EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 12:05 pm

Can someone body give me a AMEEN !

I bet you freind didnt expect to catch surf like that here or have the color water here either..That is cool...

CB
Back to top Go down
https://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss217/rutledgeben/?action=tag
maddsurf82

maddsurf82

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Thanks - Big Monday...   Thanks - Big Monday... EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 6:43 pm

i want barrels hopefully mid this month
Back to top Go down
PORT A SURF COMPANY

Number of posts : 1658
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: AWESOME   Thanks - Big Monday... EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 7:07 pm

dkurak wrote:
What a great day. I drove down Sunday morning with a buddy that lives in Malibu, CA that had never surfed in TX. On our drive back to Austin late Monday night, he pointed out that the vibe in the water was excellent. I didn't come across a single frown all day - people were hooting for everyone. There were plenty of "whoa, whoa, go, go go..." and I didn't hear any "on your back, my wave, ..." I was getting hoots from plenty of people I don't know, and from what I can tell, everyone simply seemed to enjoy watching each other catch great wave after great wave, resting their arms until the peak came right to their spot. I'd say you should pat yourself on the back, but I'm not sure you can lift your arms over your head this morning.

I've always believed that TX has the most surf stoke of anywhere I've been in my travels. I'm very slowly re-modeling an old house in PortA so my kids can grow up around the beach, and yesterday re-enforced my decision to keep my family in TX.
Thanks,
Dave

THX FOR THE POST..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks - Big Monday...   Thanks - Big Monday... Empty

Back to top Go down

Thanks - Big Monday...
Page 1 of 1