www.PortASurfCo.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.PortASurfCo.com

online Texas surfing community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

please take 15 minutes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PORT A SURF COMPANY

Number of posts : 1658
Registration date : 2007-03-29

please take 15 minutes Empty
PostSubject: please take 15 minutes   please take 15 minutes EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 8:11 am

next time you go to the beach.

bring a trash bag

maybe a trach can

pick up some trash and take it with you.

debris is everywhere from hurricane ike.

washed up last night in port a.

be careful if you go in the water...many objects out there now.
Back to top Go down
KP

KP

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: please take 15 minutes   please take 15 minutes EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 9:30 am

If I'm not mistaken there is a beach cleanup planned for this Sat. I know the Surfrider Foundation meets down at Padre Balli park and cleans a couple of miles there. We adopted that stretch a couple of years ago. It goes along the entire coast so if you're near the water just head out. I know at balli they hand out bags, gloves, etc. and then they cook hotdogs, chips, and drinks. That is put out by Kiwanis. Here is where you can get more info: http://www.glo.state.tx.us/adopt-a-beach

Thanks for being pro-active Chris! I think we may be seeing things coming in for a while. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
KP

KP

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: please take 15 minutes   please take 15 minutes EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 6:31 pm

One more thing about the clean up. St. Jo's is also tackled and they provide free rides for those doing the clean up. Depending on the number of people and trash they have let us take our boards before. Take some time to do your part and if the surf is good at Jo's you get a free ride over!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: please take 15 minutes   please take 15 minutes Empty

Back to top Go down

please take 15 minutes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.PortASurfCo.com :: Surf Report-
Jump to: