www.PortASurfCo.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
www.PortASurfCo.com

online Texas surfing community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sayulita surfing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
borntofli

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Sayulita surfing Empty
PostSubject: Sayulita surfing   Sayulita surfing EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 5:03 am

Anyone been to Sayulita Mx surfing??? Any advice on good place to stay??
Back to top Go down
Coastal Ben

Coastal Ben

Number of posts : 813
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Sayulita surfing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayulita surfing   Sayulita surfing EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 9:57 am

Chris has...PM him . He can give you the scoop..I heard it is really good. Not too heavy. Realitively safe for a family to travel. Not too expensive...

Chris recommended it to me, I was going to go in June and went to SPI instead. Probaly should have taken Chris's advice
Back to top Go down
https://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss217/rutledgeben/?action=tag
PORT A SURF COMPANY

Number of posts : 1658

Sayulita surfing Empty
PostSubject: ill check   Sayulita surfing EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 3:54 pm

the specific place my next door neighbor stayed there this summer..

i only visited the place...i stayed in zihuat/ixtapa area..

surfed the ranch mostly..

you will love that place..love it!!!
Back to top Go down
fpjb

Number of posts : 8

Sayulita surfing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayulita surfing   Sayulita surfing EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:26 am

stayed at costa azul for a couple of weeks very family friendly or solo .lots of spots near by chaclas, plantinos ,la launcha ,burros, san pancho, punta mita just to name a few . its about twenty minutes north of salyulita great place and beautiful area fo sho...
Back to top Go down
dkurak

dkurak

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Sayulita surfing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayulita surfing   Sayulita surfing EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 1:51 pm

I was there 2 summers ago and had a great time - my last hoorah before my twins arrived). My wife and I stayed in San Pancho (also known as San Francisco) - 2km north of Sayulita at an awesome B&B - http://www.casaobelisco.com/index.html - this was across the street from Costa Azul, which fpjb has already mentioned. If you're bringing significant others, this is a great house - awesome breakfast feasts and someone comes to the house every day around 2:00 for snacks (fajitas and quesadillas and excellent margaritas) while you're resting by the pool. 4 couples and I think you have the place to yourself.

The surf in Sayulita is a good longboard wave - nice long rides, but not much punch to the surf. I tend to look for a little more juice when I'm in Mexico, and there are boats in Sayulita that can take you around to various reefs in the Punta Mita area for $40 or so. Also, the beach break at San Pancho went off 2 days while I was there and we had some pretty heavy barrels right out front - I was told mid-August to September was the right time for the sandbars in San Pancho - this is also the hottest time of the year in Mex, but well worth it in my opinion.

Finally, there's a restaurant in San Pancho that's amazing - can't remember the name, but ask anyone about the steak in the piping hot bowl and they'll get you setup.

Enjoy...
Dave
Back to top Go down
http://www.laidbacksurf.com
Sponsored content

Sayulita surfing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sayulita surfing   Sayulita surfing Empty

Back to top Go down

Sayulita surfing
Page 1 of 1